We had to delay the release a bit this week due to some device specific mishaps that were discovered in the final review stage of the builds. As those issues have been resolved, we are happy to announce a pair of delightful changes.
We are making the edit mode of Quick Settings a bit more unified by getting rid of the split between the standard tiles and the temporary tiles such as the remote display/cast tile and the alarm tile. This means you can now hide those tiles and move them around to reorganize the screen just as you want it to be.
We are adding a new default AOSPA wallpaper. This is going to be most prominent for new users but you, experienced user, might be interested in checking it out as well. It is available as the first item on Google Now Launcher backgrounds list and also visible as a part of the "Backgrounds" app choice in other launchers such as Nova.
Please note: The default wallpaper is a bit special on the system and you might still see the old thumbnail. One way to resolve this is to do a clean flash with a factory reset (wiping of userdata). A different, more clean approach is to ask the relevant files to be removed which can be done by flashing like you would normally do and then either
- a) opening a terminal/command prompt on your computer, connecting your device up to it and running: adb shell su -c 'rm -f /data/data/com.android.wallpapercropper/files/defaultthumb.jpg; rm -f /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/files/defaultthumb2.jpg'
- b) opening a terminal emulator on your device and running: su -c 'rm -f /data/data/com.android.wallpapercropper/files/defaultthumb.jpg; rm -f /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/files/defaultthumb2.jpg'
As usual - have fun and #stayparanoid!
The change log:
- Make all Quick Settings tiles act similarly in edit mode
- Add a new default AOSPA wallpaper
- Improve speed and stability of the core
- Adapt to the Peek standalone application package name change
Bug Reports: https://paranoidandroid.atlassian.net/
Official Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/112514149478109338346
Legacy Community (For devices which are not listed on official site): https://plus.google.com/communities/103106032137232805260